First off, I need to explain that this page is not for the hardened hiker. If you’re looking for day/week/month long hikes, thank you for coming but this page is not for you. I wish you fun out there!
The picture above is from the top of the Havasu Falls Trail. The most exerting hike I’ve done (& probably ever will do).
It was a wonderful experience and the waterfall rewards at the end were simply beyond words.
However, lets be real, I’m not you’re average hiker. Most of my ‘hikes’ are going to be 1-4 miles 🙂
What I can promise is an honest account of each hike/trail from your average girls point of view 🙂
I’m not a fit chick. You won’t see me bouncing around with an attractive, healthy glow. Neither am I a couch potato. I am used to a work out, I just don’t always look so hot when I’m out there working up a sweat along the trail!
You’ll need to famialiarise yourself with my own special descriptive vocabulary ~ see below!
Coming soon; Anna Ruby Falls Trail, Ga
- Wibbly ~ an undulating path that twists and turns
- Wibbly Windy ~ an undulating path that twists and turns – a lot
- Gentle climb (or descent) ~ you may start to perspire a bit but you should be able to breathe easily
- Moderate climb (or descent) ~ there’s going to be sweating and ou will probably start to breath hard
- Steep climb (or descent) ~ Definitely going to get a wet shirt and be tough to breath. Need to stop to rest often.
- Freaking Steep ~ Probably shouldn’t do it!!
Follow our posts as we prepare for our 13 week tour of Europe that starts in May 2018!